Friday, February 26, 2010
Anyways both nights were a little bit dissapointing, the true talents definitely shined, which is what this stage is for, but I was still dissapointed. I think its pretty obvious who is going to go through to the Top 12, but here are my predictions.
1. Didi Benami
2. Crystal Bowersox
3. Lilly Scott
4. Katie Stevens
5. Katelyn Epperly
6. Siobhan Magnus
The last spot is very much in the air, I really have no clear idea, but I think Siobhan could snag it if she performs like she did Tuesday.
1. Aaron Kelly
2. Casey James
3. Andrew Garcia
4. Alex Lambert
5. Lee Dewyze
6. Michael Lynche
The guys are much easier to distinguish the talents from the not talents. I def think the guys will move on just like this, without a doubt. These guys are so talented and the others are not so much.
I have also decided on my favorites this season, right now I have 8 but that number will go down once we get more performances and the Top 12 starts.
1. Didi Benami
2. Lilly Scott
3. Crystal Bowersox
4. Katie Stevens
1. Alex Lambert
2. Andrew Garcia
3. Aaron Kelly
4. Casey James
I'm very very excited for this season!! Hopefully the talent truly starts to come out of these contestants!!!
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
The theme for tonight's episode is "Billboard Top 10's from 1972 to 2010", can't wait! Should be amazing with song choices that range in every genre, so no one has an excuse to perform badly.
1. Paige Miles - "It's All Right Now": Who is this girl?!?! She has not been showcased at all this season, and for good reason. She's isn't that great, she's just ok. That song choice was horrible, it didn't showcase her voice at all and half the time I couldn't understand what she was saying. She really did not do well, the performance was so lacking, she had no star quality at all. What voice are these judges hearing?!? I don't get anything from her voice at all, its so bland and typical, maybe she sounds a lot different live in person; we can hope right...?
2. Ashley Rodriguez - "Happy": I'm a huge fan of this girl and a HUGE fan of this song! This was a very solid effort from Ashley, the parts of the song she chose made it seem VERY short, but vocally she performed pretty well! Performance wise it was a lot better than Paige, she actually seemed to be enjoying herself and engaging the audience. Her arrangement was also very strange, espec during the performance. I agree that whenev people sing those big voice songs they always get compared to them and never rly do compare. I have faith this girl will get through to the top 12, no doubt!
3. Janell Wheeler - "What About Love": I've never really been a big fan of this girl, I didn't think her voice was that strong; she is gorgeous tho. Bad song choice, it showed how weak her voice is, she does not have a strong voice compared to the other girls and this just pointed that out more. She should stay far away from big notes, and yet she attempted like 5 in that song... I have my doubts about this girl going through, she just seems so bland. She did seem rather comfortable on stage, she had awkward parts, but overall an ok performance.
4. Lilly Scott - "Fixing a Hole": I'm a fan of this girl, her voice and style are very different; but I've never heard of this song before. I really liked this performance! It was very different and her vocals were mostly on! The second half she definitely hit her stride and got a lot better, very strange performance but I'm very intrigued to hear more from her! I'm glad the judges praised her and didn't crack on her for the bad notes, she did very well! She was very comfortable on stage which will help her in this competition a lot!
5. Katelyn Epperly - "Oh Darling": This girl has got a lot of attention already, people see a lot of promise in her; I'm not fully convinced yet. She sang this insanely well and looked great! After this performance I am now a lot more convinced that she is meant to be here, btw I LOVE her hair! I think it was a good choice of song because its not very well known so she can definitely make it her own with a lot less trouble than the other girls.
6. Haeley Vaugn - "I Wanna Hold Your Hand": Tori should be here instead of her, but since that won't happen I should actually talk about Haeley. She is cute and has a powerful voice, but I find her too cutesy, its obnoxious. Simon has said repeatedly that he wants to find someone like Taylor Swift and I think, he thinks, he has found this girl in Haeley; I do not think that at all. Haeley is similair to Taylor, but not anywhere as talented as Taylor. UGH TORI SHOULD BE HERE INSTEAD OF HAELEY!!!
7. Lacey Brown - "Landslide": She is ADORABLE and I LOVE this song, don't screw this up Lacey! OMG.......... This is absolutely horrible! Her vocals are so random and they don't make sense at all with the song, it sounds like the band screwed up. Her last note was good at least. She may be going home Thursday, like legitimately, that was utterly horrible! She knows she did badly, which makes it worse cause she's dissapointed in herself and the judges aren't being easy on her; what a shame! Poor girl :(
8. Michelle Delamor - "Fallin": Ummmmm, who are you? She is awkward and I'm not really a fan! Bring Tori back!!! Plus side is she's cute, hopefully she can sing. She is actually pretty good, but she is so typical; she would not really have a very definite fanbase. There is only one Alicia and she doesn't have the chops to be anything like Beyonce. Pretty good for some random girl not shown at all during the show so far, but nothing too special; she seems soooo lacking, but I'm not sure of what exactly she's lacking...
9. Didi Benami - "The Way I Am": LOVE THIS GIRL AND THIS SONG!! I think this is a great song choice for her! I love this performance, very simple and yet impressive. I definitely think this girl can make it far in this competition because her voice has a lot more power than she showcased in this performance. I thought she did a great job with making the song different, there isn't much you can do a simple song like that and she tried to make it as much of her own as she could. I do agree with Simon though, the performance itself was a bit boring, but in Didi's defense she couldn't do a very exciting performance because of the song. Also Ellen made a very good comment about if this song was 1 song in a longer performance great, but it was a bit lacking for her only song of the night.
10. Siobhan Magnus - "Wicked Game": Can't stand her! She is so strange and always sounds like she's shouting. She has a very powerful for sure and tonight she used it A LOT smarter than she was during Hollywood week. this performance was easily one of the best of the night for sure, she had immense control over her voice!!! She is such an ODDBALL, I would like to hear her sing but not hear her talk!
11. Crystal Bowersox - "Hand In My Pocket": This girl is not the typical idol contestant, but she has INSANE talent! PERFECT song choice for her, this is exactly what she needs to be singing! I love that she plays the harmonica on this show, she is such a breathe of fresh air this season! Can't wait to see how far she goes!! AMAZING JOB CRYSTAL! I agree, she could sing anything at all and I'd be a fan!
12. Katie Stevens - "Feeling Good": This girl is way too good for her age, like its not fair! She's adorable, has charisma, and insane vocal ability! OMG I LOVE THIS SONG!!! She has so much charisma for a 17 year old, and she is so comfortable on stage (probably because she's been doing pageants since she was a child). Her voice is so great and has such amazing tone! She is going to go very far in this competition! Can't wait to see her grow!!! I see the judges points, but I don't fully agree with them.
All in all, dissapointing night for sure! There were very low moments *cough* Lacey *cough* and insanely strong moments! The talent of the girl's this season is so much, but they did not showcase that this week, which is such a shame. I still think that a girl is gonna win this season!
I am LOVING Kara this season! She is nicer than Simon but she is saying everything right! She isn't afraid to be honest, so go Kara, ur a lot better than last season!!
Update on some earlier favorites:
Tori Kelly - She is continueing to write and produce her own songs while also taking part in a youth version of 'We Are The World' with some other little known youth stars (Lil Mama and Montana Tucker are included in the list of artists). She also says there are big things coming, can't wait to hear exactly what they are. Personally I think she'd be GREAT as the new girl on Glee to oppose Rachel for Finn's affection.
Angela Martin - She was on Ellen and chatted a bit and then got to perform! She performed insanely well, her voice is actually very very good! After the performance Ellen surprised her with some very exciting news! Kara is going to write a song specifically for Angela and work with her in the studio. Kara and Ellen are going to help Angela get a record deal, which is amazing because she definitely deserves it!!
Shelby Dressel - Shelby also appeared on Ellen and chatted and peformed. Shelby also performed insanely well and her voice is so much better than what we saw on the show! She said she may end up trying out next year, but she's not sure yet. I hope she does because she is very relatable and talented. Hopefully the extra exposure from the show will get her signed, I think she would make a very successful CCM artist!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
1. Michael Lynche
2. Casey James
3. Aaron Kelly
4. Lee Dewyze
5. Todrick Hall
6. Tyler Grady
7. Alex Lambert
8. Joe Munoz
9. Jermaine Sellers
10. John Park
11. Andrew Garcia
12. Tim Urvin (never actually said this on the show until the very end, not cool AI)
1. DiDi Benami
2. Katelyn Epperly
3. Janell Wheeler
4. Lacey Brown
5. Ashley Rodriguez
6. Crystal Bowersox
7. Katie Stevens
8. Lilly Scott
9. Paige Miles
10. Siobhan Magnus
11. Michelle Delamor
12. Haeley Vaugn
TORI KELLY SHOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH!!! SHE IS ALOT MORE TALENTED THAN HAELEY VAUGN!!!! AMERICAN IDOL MESSED THIS ONE UP!!!!(let's all hope one of the other girls mysteriously falls down some stairs and Tori gets put back in, haha)
everyone seriously needs to check out Tori's youtube and myspace! her talent level is outta this world!!
btw that new Glee promo at like 9:50 was AMAZING!!!!!!
here it is:
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
10. Pixie Lott - I found Pixie through the fact that she opened for The Saturdays on their first headlining tour. I figured that if she was gonna open for them she must be good and a similar music style, and she is. She is absolutely beautiful and has an awesome voice! Her songs aren't all the same either which I love! I also love watching her music videos because she looks like she is having so much fun in all of them!
9. Erik Hassle - Erik is very easily my favorite male artist ever, his voice is so different and strong. Hurtful is also one of my favorite songs of all time. Like Ellie Goulding, I find his music to be very enticing and then with the extra bonus of his voice its just unbearable how much I like this guy!
8. Ellie Goulding - I just found this girl like 2 weeks ago, her voice is just mesmerizing! I love her sound, its very similar to Erik Hassle, who is also one of my fav artists! I was hooked on her after 15 seconds of her debut single 'Under The Sheets', her music is just to enticing, I LOVE IT!!
7. Cheryl Cole - I was never a fan of Girls Aloud, something about them I couldn't get into, but then I heard Cheryl was gonna go solo and release an album, so I figured I'd give her a chance. I'm so glad I did, cause her music is different than GA, which is great for me since I never liked them! She is absolutely gorgeous and can dance so much better than I ever woulda guessed, I'm very glad I gave her a shot!
6. Adam Lambert - Adam coulda taken to different paths with his music after idol and thankfully he took the one I wanted, which just makes my day, haha. I hope that with his next album he can get a little more into the process and take more control of his music. I love that he is being himself!
5. Allison Iraheta - She was my fav on idol and I think her debut albums gives her a great introduction to the music world, shame she isn't promoted and her album will end up doing nothing. I rly rly hope she doesn't get dropped!
4. Alexandra Burke - I was a bit worried about what Alexandra would do with her music after X Factor, but thankfully she took the best turn and distanced herself from Leona and made her style current and she actually dances! I love her voice and Bad Boys was one of my fav songs of the year!
3. Parachute - This band is not something I would normally listen to but something about their music and lead singers vocals drew me in and I actually went to the store and physically bought the cd and bought it online, which is very rare for me to do both for an artist.
2. Kristinia Debarge - She is also just the type of music I listen to the most, fun poppy dance stuff with strong vocals to back it up! She's so cute also and can dance, she's just got so many things going for her except for a good label that promotes her.
1. Ke$ha - She brings something new to the music scene, her music is EXACTLY the type of music I've been wanting for a while now ever since GaGa came into the public view! She's just fun, and completely ok with that, which is why I love her!
These aren't completely in the correct order, but its very hard for me to order them and limit the list to only 30 songs. In each group of 5 of #30-11 my favorite song of that group is bolded.
30. Guy Sebastion (ft. Jordin Sparks) - Art Of Love
29. Chris Brown - Crawl
28. Selena Gomez & The Scene - Falling Down
27. Paradiso Girls - Patron Tequila
26. Space Cowboy - Falling Down
25. Beyonce - Halo
24. Lady GaGa - Bad Romance
23. Jay Sean - Down
22. Ashley Tisdale - Its Alright, Its OK
21. Jordin Sparks - Battlefield
20. Sugababes - About A Girl
19. Ester Dean (ft. Chris Brown) - Drop It Low
18. Miranda Lambert - Dead Flowers
17. The Saturdays - Forever Is Over
16. Kristinia Debarge - Goodbye
15. Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA
14. P!nk - I Don't Believe You
13. Jessie James - I Look So Good (Without You)
12. Ashley Tisdale - Crank It Up
11. Adam Lambert - For Your Entertainment
10. Girls Can't Catch - Echo
9. Rihanna - Russian Roulette
8. Chipmunk - Oopsy Daisy
7. Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You
6. Ke$ha - TiK ToK
5. Cheryl Cole - Fight For This Love
4. Alexandra Burke - Bad Boys
3. David Guetta ft. Kelly Rowland - When Love Takes Over
2. The Saturdays - Ego
1. Kristnia Debarge - Sabotage
Sunday, December 27, 2009
I'm definitely gonna start trying to blog more, especially since American Idol is coming back in January!!
But for now here is my top albums of 2009! enjoy :)
15. Cheryl Cole - 3 Words
Solid solo debut with AMAZING tracks! My fav tracks are "Fight For This Love" and "Parachute".
14. JLS - JLS
Never really a fan of theirs until I downloaded the album, another excellant debut album! My fav track is "Everybody In Love".
13. Rihanna - Rated R
Such a great comeback album, so edgy and differant from her other albums! This album def proves that RiRi is here to stay, woulda placed higher but other cds appealed to me more, but this album is truly amazing and if I had it for longer it would most likely have placed higher. My fav tracks are "Russian Roulette" and "Photographs".
12. Various Artists - Glee Soundtrack (both Volume 1 and 2)
Glee has become my biggest obsession and I always find myself singing along to all the songs from the show, they take older songs and turn them into fun, current songs that just make you feel good. Plus Lea Michele's vocals are OUTTA THIS WORLD! My fav tracks from the season are "Somebody To Love", "Imagine (with the Deaf Choir)", and "Don't Rain On My Parade".
11. Alexandra Burke - Overcome
Alexandra is truly an amazing artist!! She has quickly become one of my fav artists of 2009 and most def deserved to win X Factor! I love that she distanced herself from Leona, even though she's also got an insanely strong voice. My fav tracks are "Bad Boys" and "Bury Me (6 Feet Under)".
10. Pixie Lott - Turn It Up
Pixie is a fun name, but then her music is also really fun! I found out about her through the fact that she opened for The Saturdays on their tour, so I came here and found her demos! She music is cute and fun, with strong funky vocals on top of that! My fav tracks are "Cry Me Out" and "Turn It Up" (but I personally like the slower version that was a demo called The Fall).
9. Jessie James - Jessie James
Jessie James was someone that I did not particularly want to like, she just seemed so plain, like a pretty girl with a good voice. But then I gave her a chance and ended up loving her and her album! Her vocals really are very good and very different. She is a combo of Carrie, Christina, and Kelly; not on the level of those three girls, but a similar sounding voice and style to the three. I love her! My fav tracks are "I Look So Good (Without You)" and "Burning Bridges".
8. Allison Iraheta - Just Like You
Allison was my favorite of the top 3 on Idol this past season and I wanted her to win, but sadly she did not. Her debut album definitely proves she should have won, its amazing! Her voice is such a different stroke to the voices out there today and reminds pretty much everyone of P!nk. The music is fun and spunky and is a lot different than what I expected from her after Idol was over. My fav tracks are "Robot Love", "Scars", and "Beat Me Up".
7. Demi Lovato - Here We Go Again
Demi Lovato is so underrated! Her voice is outta this world and her musician ship is beautiful! She can belt out the big, heavier songs and then flawlessly deliver the tender, deeper songs. I was a big fan of her first album and when her 2nd album came out I was not dissapointed at all; she grew so much as an artist and vocalist! My fav tracks are "Catch Me", "Here We Go Again", and "Falling Over Me".
6. Kristinia Debarge - Exposed
Kristinia came onto the scene with "Goodbye" which I immediately became addicted to! Then I found as many songs by her as I could and became hooked. Her vocals were insane and she had fun music that was perfect for driving around on a sunny day. Then I found out she was on American Juniors tv show and I freaked and became obsessed! This album is just fun, its nothing serious and the songs themselves are award worthy, but her voice is great, she's adorable, and the music is SO fun! My fav tracks are "Goodbye", "Sabotage", "Doesn't Everybody Wanna Fall In Love".
5. Lady GaGa - The Fame Monster
Lady GaGa is epic, rather simple. This album is eons better than The Fame, and shows so much growth as an artist. This year was her year and this new album proves why, she isn't just a fun, crazy performer, but she is a legit artist who is in the music business fr the music! My fav tracks are "Telephone (ft. Beyonce)" and "Speechless".
4. Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
Ever since the first season of American Idol Kelly has held a very special spot in my heart, I feel like I'm partly responsible for her music since I voted for her and like I've watched my little American Idol grow and mature in the amazing artist she is today. This album is everything from Breakaway + the stuff from My December that I loved, making this the ultimate Kelly album! Her voice is one of the best and her personality is so silly! I literally listened to the 30 second clip of MLWSWY, the night it leaked, 232 times. My fav tracks are "Already Gone", "Long Shot", and "My Life Would Suck Without You".
3. Parachute - Losing Sleep
Parachute is kinda one of those bands that ppl know about, but really don't (at least in my world and group of friends). I first heard "She Is Love" in a lotion commercial and immediately searched the band. Their music is so relaxing and Will's voice is so good! Plus he looks like a combo of Teddy Geiger and Stephen from Laguna Beach. I'm very excited to watch this band keep going into the future! My fav tracks are "Ghost", "She Is Love", and "The Mess I Made".
2. Ashley Tisdale - Guilty Pleasure
Ashley was always my fav East High graduate and her debut album was so fun. Then she released her 2nd album and it showed so much growth as an artist, I was so surprised at how good it was! There is not a single track I skip over, its such a shame she didn't sell well in the US, she is such an underrated artist! I hope more people will notice her and give her credit for being more than a Disney has been. My fav tracks are "How Do You Love Someone", "Hair", and "Crank It Up".
1. The Saturdays - Wordshaker
The Saturdays are my absolute favorite artist, and it makes it hard to be a fan of theirs when I live in the US! I got into this band because I was a fan of S Club 8 and then found out that Frankie (my fav S Clubber and Saturday) and Rochelle were both going to be in a new band; I freaked and tried to find any music by this new band. Then I got my hands on a clip of "If This Is Love" and thats when my obsession began. I love these girls because they are fun, their personalities and their music. This album showed a progression into what they wanted their music to actually be like from the first album. The vocals had definitely improved, the look was more mature and sexier, and the music was just better. The album has the great danceable tracks and the ones that are slower and deliver amazing vocals. My fav tracks are "Ego", "Lose Control", "Open Up", "Wordshaker", and "2AM".