Welcome

This blog is for me to share my reviews, there will be no music downloads on here, I will post youtube links or other links to where you can listen to what I'm reviewing and such. Please don't be rude in the comments but be sure to comment alot!!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol 8 Top 7: Songs From The Movies Review


This night could be awesome, I don’t know exactly what the conditions are for the songs, but if it’s from any movie I really hope we get some Disney hits. Really everyone can do good tonight cause the theme is so broad. I really hope all the sucky people do better tonight, or really bomb so they go home and we are left with my favs!! (Kris, Adam, Alison, Matt!!!) K could this mentor be any less helpful, Quentin Tarantino? Really? He directs movies, he doesn’t sing in them…
This night could be good; the mentor though is a thumbs down.

Alison Iraheta – “I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing”: I love this girl!!! And a pre-idol track just leaked from her, btw. I don’t think this song suited her at all, she probably chose it cause everyone and their mother knows it and it’s her rocker chick image. It was too low for her, I mean she hit all the notes, but her lower notes are not as supported or powerful as her higher ones. Good performance, but kinda disappointed with her tonight, I really hope she stays and continues cause she is amazing and her voice is killer!!!

Anoop Desai – “Everything I Do, I Do For You”: Typical Anoop song, nice and boring; like him. HAHA IS THAT ANOOP’S VERSION OF MAKING IT ROUGH?!?!?! HAHA!!!! Ummmmm, what is he wearing? He just doesn’t have the kind of voice that can handle that “rough” vocals, his voice is nice and simple; and it will stay like that. Another typical Anoop performance, barely performs and sings the song very boring, he and Lil are getting way too predictable.

Adam Lambert – “Born To Be Wild”: YES!! I don’t care at all what Adam sings cause it’ll be amazing!! He will be huge, I swear no matter what happens on this show he will be huge! This is a performance, he is using the stage and tons of energy!! Other contestants pay attention to this!! I say this every week but his voice is UNREAL! I obviously can’t get over it!!! He has got to make it to the finals, if its him and Kris that’ll be such an interesting final cause they are so different. And if its Adam and Alison it’ll be so high energy its not even funny!! I’m a happy camper right now :D Simon’s comment was amazing, I laughed very hard. “Adam you need to express yourself some more”. I am very happy, haha

Matt Giraud – “Really Loved A Woman”: Matt is really amazing, somehow Quentin is being the best mentor ever, haha; his input has by far been the best this season, really unexpected. Matt makes me sad when he is live, he doesn’t do that good, but his studio versions are always one of the best along with Adam. I mean it wasn’t horrible, but it wasn’t his best, but no doubt he will have one of the best studio versions. Yes he goes back and forth Kara, because he can do both, I don’t get why they keep complaining, he shows that he is versatile. That’s what they want them to do since they have such diff themes each week, ugh, frustration.

Danny Gokey – “Endless Love”: I don’t know this song, so I’ll only know Danny singing. He looks really weird without glasses, less weird than I expected, but still weird. Oh never mind, I do know this song, haha. He is doing really good, I’m not a huge Danny fan, but I am really liking this. I think its def one of his best, if not his best. It def fits his style and voice very well. Yay Danny snaps for you!

Kris Allen – “Falling Slowly”: He is one of my favs, and one of America’s. I really think he will make it to finals, but I don’t know if he will actually win, but he will def have a career after. He is so insanely, uberly marketable. This is actually very good, not perfect vocals, but Kris has gained his top spot back, last week he kinda lost it a little, and tonight he gained it back!!! That was amazing!!! I can’t wait for that studio version!!! My favs of the night were Danny and Adam and he knocked Danny out. GREAT REALLY GREAT!!

Lil Rounds – “The Rose”: Lil new hair again…really? I liked last week, do u need another hair style? This one does make you look younger, but please just stop now, no more. Wow Lil is doing awesome, and that really surprises me because she has been sucking a lot of the past weeks. I really how she didn’t pretend she has a huge voice like past contestants, she played it safe and kept her voice in its good area, no half done belts. Good for her, I think she did good, I really don’t like her or think this will save her, but the way she has been performing she isn’t winning or making it to final. Amen Simon!!! Also I didn’t really hear the whole gospel part, it wasn’t really gospel, maybe she got a little more intense, but no gospel was in that performance.

Top 2:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Kris Allen

Bottom 2:
1. Anoop Desai
2. Matt Giraud (this really makes me sad, but in my opinion he was one of the worst tonight)

All in all, tonight was a night of mixed feelings. Danny and Lil who I don’t really like actually impressed me, and also Matt who is one of my favs was one of the worst. I’m kinda worried for him and Alison after Anoop goes, cause America just doesn’t seem to like them as much as I do. I hope Anoop goes home 2moro, he just doesn’t even compare to the other 6, then I hope Lil goes home, then Danny and I will be a very very happy camper. Quentin, where did that come from, he was an amazing mentor, I totally didn’t expect that, but he said exactly what I wish I could say to the contestants!

DON’T FORGET TO BUY THE STUDIO VERSIONS 2MORO NIGHT OFF ITUNES AFTER THE RESULTS SHOW!!!!!
I SUGGEST GETTING MATT’S AND ADAM’S IF YOU ONLY GET A FEW!
Please Comment!!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!!
    I already commented on the Fbook note, but I feel like you need some traffic here at Bob's Music Place!

    ReplyDelete